What Makes a Good WordPress Malware Removal Plugin?
A WordPress malware plugin has different characteristics-
- It Removes All Traces Of Malware From The Hacked Website – Hackers obscure spitefully scripts so that it’s not easy to identify malware. Malware removal plugins can also distinguish the most difficult malicious scripts.
- It Should Remove Malware Without Breaking The Website – Malevolent keywords like base and eval are frequently recognized codes but these keywords are found in good and bad code. This is the main problem with manual cleanups- one has to be an expert in WordPress development to distinguish between the two correctly.
- The Plugin Has To Clean The Website Immediately – When a website has been hacked, most malware spreads into every file and folder. It would be a fool to wait for a long time because the losses are exponential. Hackers can send spam emails from your website, can also create a bad experience for visitors, all your SEO efforts would have gone in conceited. Your website will be boycotted/avoided by Google and web hosting providers too.
- It Should Be Able To Clean Your Website More Than Once Without Charging For It Each Time- Malware infections can return. Paying a large or massive amount to clean your website over and over will affect your pocket too.
Here’s Top WordPress Malware Removal Plugins MalCare- WordPress Removal Plugin
MalCare is one of the best options on this list. Yes- because we know it’s too good. Additionally, the scanner is free of cost.
MalCare is an instant and best WordPress malware removal plugin on this list. Cleaning a website with MalCare is exactly a one-click process 99% of the time. When you use the plugin, it scans every niche and corner of your website and locates the malware with pinpoint accuracy. No turn over through folders and files for you, trying to locate a cleverly concealed hack. If in case automatic removal doesn’t work, MalCare’s support team steps in. Like other plugins, which charge excessively high fees for manual cleanups, MalCare’s manual cleanups are contained in your subscription. Additionally, you can request a manual cleanup, the plugins learn from the hacks and you’re improbable to face the same issues again. MalCare is that it scans your website on its own server. It won’t be slow your website. Because you’re ready to manage by yourself off hackers. You don’t need page loading and speed issues to add yours. MalCare was the only one that picked up infected files in every folder and was able to clean it up just as fast.
PROS Of MalCare
- Integrated firewall
- Automatic cleanups
- Complete malware removal
- Superfast malware cleanups
Wordfence Malware Cleaner
Wordfence has a huge name in itself in the industry. One of the main things to notice was how the scanner would slow the website down importantly. Wordfence creates custom database tables to collect results on your server, so your database will get bloated remarkably and this will slow down your website.
False alarms would send into madness many times. It becomes a question of crying wolf one too many times. The malware removal tool is expensive. Plus, during high demand, the charges increases. In spite of the expense, cleaning a website with Wordfence is time-consuming, because it’s done manually.
PROS Of Wordfence
- Susceptibility investigations
- In-depth investigation report
- Repairs hacked folders and files
Astra security is the new kid on the block but happily surprised us. It takes a time to run. For the e-commerce site, it can take an hour for the plugin to scan. Astra Security detected malware on our test website and categorized them into high and censorious. Critical files remove automatically with a single click. Malicious files were just listed out and not sure what to do with them.
But if you’re a developer, there’s not much use in viewing the files. If you were able to identify the files as malicious, you can’t delete them. Astra doesn’t offer you an option.
PROS Of Astra Security
- Download scan reports
- Instant malware detection
iThemes Security declared malware-infected website clean. Sometimes it doesn’t detect the basic malware infection. It took the plugin less than 10 seconds to scan the entire website. The same website scanned on MalCare and detected a few severe malware infections. We’ve learned that iThemes utilizes Sucuri’s SiteCheck to scan. SiteCheck runs HTML scans that fail to detect well-disguised malware. iThemes can’t remove malware on its own. When it disclose any malware, you have to get your website cleaned by Sucuri.
PROS Of iThemes Security
Provide plenty of security features including brute force protection, Updating WordPress secret keys etc.
Sucuri Malware Scanner and Cleaner
Sucuri is one of the leading names in the world of WordPress security so we were looking forward to trying out this WordPress malware removal plugin. We started by testing the scanner and missed some obvious malware infections. They are common infections found on WordPress sites all the time. When we’re talking about cleanups, we found Sucuri advertises automatic malware removal, you’ve to elevate a ticket to initiate the process.
The cleanup process will take some time. It’ll depend on manually i.e few hours to even a week. For a hacked website, this delay can affect money, SEO issues, more potential danger for your users.
PROS Of Sucuri Malware Scanner and Cleaner
- Remove blacklists
- Supports WordPress, Magento, Joomla, and Drupal
- Unlimited malware removal
- Repairs hacked files and folders
WebARK was a disappointment for several people. WebARX could not detect basic malware infections. It also has been told that WordPress core was out of date and it should update it.
PROS of WebARK
- Detects SSL certificate issues
- Detects Google blacklist
After WordPress malware removal from your site, you’ll need to make sure that the website remains protected in the future. Our guidance is to use a WordPress security plugin like MalCare. WordPress malware protection features prevent hackers from accessing your website. You can take certain measures including updating the website, protecting the WordPress login page, taking regular backups of your website using WordPress backup plugins or manually. These will ensure that your website is protected.
If you’re facing any questions or need help installing, connect with us. We have a team dedicated to supporting website owners like yourself.